
This Lenten season has been interesting so far. I decided from the beginning that I would give up all food except for meal replacement bars. I figured since there is not much I like to do more than eat, it would help me focus on God when I couldn't look at another protein bar because it was the 4th one of the day. I was right, only it happens after one bar instead of four. It really has helped me change my focus, though. It has also reminded me of the value of some sort of fast to re-connect with God in the day. I will consume roughly 5 protein bars today...and be thankful to God that I have them...but also somewhat wishing I had a sandwich, too. I think that is what is supposed to happen. Doesn't it say somewhere after Eve ate the apple that she will have pain in childbirth and man will constantly want a sandwich?
I'm glad it's Lent. I'm even more glad Christ died for me and that protein bars remind me of it.
I like the idea. I am glad you liked the article I posted. I did not expect your comment. Neither of us should say sorry we disagreed; we just did. I hope you grow closer to jesus by eating those protein bars... not sure even jesus would chow on those bits but the point of the lenten season (I think) is grace forgives those who do not deserve to be forgiven. Kinda like a protein bar.
ReplyDeleteThis blog post thing is involved; I am not involved. chad