It's been a while since I have checked in. We are coming up on a year now since I started blogging about Ava. I still miss her every single day. Most days are good and I can remember that only we are missing her, she is not missing us one bit. Some days, that ain't as easy to remember.
I've met and talked to so many who have lost people close to them over the last year. It's been amazing. Nobody understands why, but somehow we still have life to live down here for now. When I remember that God's not done with me yet, it helps. He wants me to keep on doing what I can for Him each day and leave it up to Him when it's time to join the party.
Hunter Vision has been open for almost a year. 2 weeks and we are there. It's been one heck of a first year in business, that's for sure. It has been everything I thought it would be and so many things I never imagined. Both good and tough.
Business is good. We laser a lot of eyeballs. That is a huge blessing. I still love my wife more each day and we have a soon-to-be teenager that is more than entertaining on a daily basis!
Lisa, Noah and I are doing well. We laugh a lot again. We miss the little laugh in the house and the general commotion that she brought to each day, but we have adjusted to knowing that we still have time to be here.
I thank you all for the continued prayers over the last year, we have leaned so heavily on them and needed them more than you will ever know.
I don't have much tonight, but I wanted to let those of you who have cared so much for us to know that you got us through the toughest days. Thanks. For real.
Glad to hear that you guys are doing well. I pray for you guys often and will never stop doing it!
ReplyDeleteTake care, faith
Dear Josh,
ReplyDeleteWe are so grateful to God that you, Lisa, and Noah are doing well. Your love for Jesus, for your family, & for the work that He has given you to do is always beautiful beyond words. Not a day goes by that we don't think about and pray for you and your dear family. You are all loved by so many. You and your Precious Ava have blessed and touched countless lives and have drawn them ever more nearer and dearer to the Lord. May God Bless you & your loved ones immeasurably. Beautiful Ava will always be in our hearts. As my Sweet Grandma use to say, "We love you Heart to Heart."
With all our love & prayers,
The DiBari Family
Not a day goes by that I don't think about your sweet family, Josh. Little Ava continues to inspire me constantly. I am blown away by you, Lisa, and Noah. Your steadfast faith in the Lord is like nothing I have ever seen before. I pray that God continues to comfort you.
ReplyDelete~Angela Gable
Love y'all so much.
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking about Ava and how its been a year. I can't believe it. Still think about you guys and pray for you often. Thanks for the update! I will keep sending people your way for eye surgery too : )
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. Your family remains in my prayers daily.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you Josh! Your family is still in my prayers. I am still thinking about that eye surgery. May be heading your way soon!
ReplyDeleteTake care and God bless you all!
Love to read anything from the Hunter's....especially you. Can't imagine you will ever stop hearing that little giggle in the back of your heads.....and so thankful for that. And as always.....everyday I am praying for you. carey
ReplyDeleteJosh,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. I appreciate hearing from you again.
May God continue to give you peace!
I have been thinking of you lately and praying as you approach the one year mark - I am sure you could not imagine that you would still be able to breathe, laugh, and enjoy life even a little bit a year ago. My 6 year old son prays for you every night "Dear God, please help Ava's family not miss her too much"
ReplyDeleteI have followed your blog since Ava's sickness and so many times have wanted to post, but could only pray for you, Lisa and Noah instead.
ReplyDeleteI suffer from some sort of headache almost daily and so many times was brought to tears how a 5 year old could take so much when an almost 40 year old woman can't even function some days. Just know that Ava was and still is an incredible inspiration to so many and my girls as well! How God will let any of us endure so much is a mystery, but somehow our love for him stays strong and steadfast ONLY because of his promise for ALL of us! Boy, Ava has the better deal right now!
We are also an Orangewood family and my daughter's are (will be) in 3rd grade and Kindergarten this year. Noah is such an amazing boy! May God continue to give you strength in each passing day and I pray for your families comfort on the anniversary of Ava's passing.
Blessings to your family always,
The Graham Family
still praying for y'all, thinking of you often! -Leah Warren
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you guys during this time as Ava's one year anniversary is approaching. Praying for strength and peace during this time.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love,
Faith!
I identify with your family's pain and pray for you often. Mom passed with the monster brain cancer a little before Ava did. They are rejoicing together now.
ReplyDeleteOur family also bore the pain of losing a child -- the first born at age four. We were never the same. I still miss him. I was his three year old sister. Now middle aged and still miss him. He died on the operating table as doctors tried to repair his birth-defected heart.
Mom was 86 going on 20 when she got the glioblastoma diagnosis. She passed a few weeks after her 87th birthday. Giving her 24/7 care then saying good-bye was one of the most difficult things I’ve even done—bitter-sweet.
Ava’s memorial service was so beautiful and healing. It was an honor to be there in person. I’ve also replayed it on-line at least five times.
Thank you and your family for allowing God to work in you during tough times. It has meant so much to know I’m not alone in such deep grief in this clay bound journey on earth.
You’re dad said something so powerful in one of his sermons after Ava passed: “We are created for eternal relationships. No matter what age we are separated from our loved ones when they pass, we experienced great pain at the separation.”
Having experienced it on both ends of life—young and elderly, I know that truth.
I lost my whole family of origin when Mom passed. My heart and spirit broke so that my greatest desire was to join the heavenly party.
Father God is so amazing. He has given so many personal revelations and healed my broken spirit. My heart still breaks, but I’m back on track to where my greatest desire is to finish well in Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. I’m confident he will not keep me here one minute longer than necessary.
Renewed excited ignites in me when I see how God uses me to encourage others in their faith and to bring healing when I work as a massage therapist and wellness consultant. I love bringing a Christian world view into my practice.
The project I’m most excited about this season is coordinating with Christian mental health counselors to provide free depression screening the month of October. It also features how massage can help people battling depression and grief.
I’m praying God will raise up counselors throughout our tri-county area who practice from a Christian world view. And that he will direct the people in need of help to them—especially those with hearts ready to be introduced or to go deeper with Christ.
I am also a freelance health writer. My article publicizing the counselors offering free depression screening will be published in a local magazine for the October issue. It will be distributed throughout Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties.
Licensed mental health counselors who are on board so far:
Lynne Brackett http://www.lynnebrackett-counseling.com/
Roger Shepherd http://www.northlandchurch.net/staff/roger_shepherd/
For any others who may like to participate, here is my web site highlighting my practice: www.restoredbytouch.com or call my office at 407-610-7435.
In addition to the free depression screening, I’m adding incentive by offering a massage and wellness consult package for more than 50% off to those who have had the screening or who have been diagnosed with depression or deep grief.
I am the one at Ava’s memorial who gave you a sympathy card offering a free massage for one of your family members. We have never met, but your dear friend Heidi Jackson knows me well. And you may know some of the people with testimonies posted on my web site. I also worked on staff at Northland under Kevin Urichko for a couple years as the Tele-care Coordinator.
Don’t hesitate to call to claim your gift—the offer still stands.
Prayerfully yours,
Carole
I'm keeping you in added prayer in remembering this is the weekend of the anniversary of Ava's passing.
ReplyDeleteI also now understand better about Hunter Vision. I saw the clip on channel 45's The Good Life.
http://www.vimeo.com/24313747
What a great service!
Hugs,
Carole