Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back for a minute.

I fully plan on being back in blog world soon. Life is busy right now. However, if you want to see how my family spent a couple days last week, go here to my sister-in-law's post.

Pretty unreal.

10 comments:

  1. Was going through my blog list and deleting those that no longer post. For some reason, I did not let yours go.

    I still think of what time of year it is, it dawned on me that June is coming up quickly and am ever understanding what a rocky road the next few months "might" be -

    Continued blessings to your family.

    Ad2b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so grateful for your recent update on the doings of the Hunter Family! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your precious family are constantly in my heart and prayers. Not a day goes by that I don't think about your Beautiful Ava. I adored the lovely photos on your sister-in-law's post and her words. The Hunter family is Amazing! May Almighty God profoundly Bless each one of you in every way always!

    With all my love & prayers,
    Dawn DiBari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back Josh! You were missed! I hope all is going well with the business. I think of you often as I squint to see the computer! lol Take care!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Josh,
    This “comment/post” may appear silly but I thought better to say/write it then not at all… You and your wife may like to hear what others (strangers) think of you both!
    I started reading your blog via Summit Church where my husband, children, and I attend and LOVE it. Although I have seen your family time and time again, I have never actually “met” you guys.
    I, like many; rode the emotional rollercoaster of Ava’s battle with cancer and cried rivers of tears for your family! Countless prayers for a miracle were performed in her honor and when she lost that battle I felt the loss even though I had never even known your precious daughter!
    I watched Isaac speak (quite eloquently, I might add) at her memorial service with an entire box of Kleenex. Your wife’s tribute and words echoed in my head for weeks, she did a phenomenal job paying tribute to little Ava. And I, my friend; felt your pain and knew Jesus was holding you up there on stage. I feel like the memorial tattooed Ava’s beautiful face into my heart and mind forever!
    I wanted you to know that I think of Ava, almost daily. I have two boys and often get caught up in the daily hustle and bustle of life and forget how precious our time on earth really is. I believe Ava’s purpose was far bigger than anything plausible here on earth. I believe God had a plan for her and a much bigger job in heaven calling for her to begin!
    So why did I decide to write a comment/post today, you might ask! Well for the past couple of episodes of Oprah there has been a song playing at closing of her show each day! The song literally got stuck in my head and each time it played, I felt like I had heard the song before but couldn’t figure out where/when ect… Well, when I finally decided to “google” it to find out the title/performer ect, and once it pulled up on YouTube I instantly began to think about Ava again. Part of me thinks a tribute video was put together for Ava and that song was playing in the background! Now I could be completely off base too but regardless thoughts of your daughter were with me again! Upon listening to this beautiful song I had this epiphany. Today is Oprah’s last show; she’s ending a chapter of her life and my life (I’ve watched for 20 years). And although today is bittersweet, I am grateful for all of life’s lessons that Oprah has taught me! And like Ava, I never have had the pleasure of “meeting” Oprah in person either but she too has changed my life and helped to shape the person I am today! I believe God puts people and their stories into your life by all different mysterious ways in order to bring a message to you! I believe God brought your daughter into my life for a very certain reason and it’s very simply, To LOVE…
    To love life and to love your family, to love your friends, to show kindness and love to strangers and community!
    Josh, LOVE shined in Ava’s eyes, even strangers, like me, felt it!!!
    I wish Love for you, your wife, and your son!
    God Bless
    Angela Cruz

    ReplyDelete
  6. As the year rolls around toward the anniversary of Ava's illness, I want to let you know I'm still keeping you and your family close in prayer. God has blessed countless people through her life and through yours! He is truly a great and wonderful God!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you back, Josh! Like so many others, I pray for your family still and will pray a little harder for you all through the summer. Love and the peace of Christ to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to you know that we are thinking of you guys a lot this summer. We continue to pray for you and the family with a hope, peace, comfort and understanding. May He lift you up with a delicate sweetness and joy of Ava, she has changed many in this world. Finish the race, my friend. Love and peace to you all.
    P.S. We remembered too this past Sunday, as did your Pop with his purple necktie...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you guys this summer. We continue to pray for you and your family with a hope still for peace, comfort and understanding. May He lift you up with a delicate sweetness and joy of Ava, she has changed many in this world. Finish the race my friend. Love and peace to you all.
    P.S. We remembered too this weekend, as your Pop showed he did too with his purple necktie...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "On that day I will also make a covenant with them, with the beasts of the field, the birds of the sky, and the creeping things of the ground.

    And I will abolish the bow, the sword, and war from the land, And will make them lie down in safety."

    Hosea 2:18 - Praise God!

    ReplyDelete