I took a blog break. It was really helpful. I'm back in for now as I work to "flip" my schedule back to early mornings instead of late nights. I'm sure i'll have the occasional late night, but I'm workin' on making it the exception and not the rule. Also, while my month-long experiment with the devotional format was fun, it was more effort than I wanted it to be. If this thing starts feeling like homework, I won't do it. I have enough of that already. So, today is Hunter family life update day...this before I go back to rambling on about other stuff in the days ahead.
We are doing pretty well. Last weekend was the 5k for brain tumors that was run in Orlando. We were part of a team that ran for Ava and it was a really cool weekend. We got the pleasure of seeing and meeting a bunch of people who prayed so hard for her last summer. It was truly an awesome event. We set a record for team size for any event they have ever done and our team of over 160 people (out of a total of almost 500 racers) looked like a sea of purple in their Ava Hunter shirts. I'm not much into shirts in the fashion arena, but these were really cool. Lisa had them made and they had a drawing of Ava's name that she (Ava) made on the front, and a scripture on the back that read, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" 2 Tim. 4:7 ...it was awesome.
We still have bad moments. The days are better than they used to be, but the giant hole is still there. I'm just not as likely to fall into it every minute because I am used to it being there now. But, some days I still can't help it. We talk about Ava every single day still and there are many more laughs than there were. I would venture to say a few more laughs than tears even...
Hunter Vision is rocking along. A new year has brought a new momentum to the clinic. The staff is great and of course, the doc is still awesome. We are getting busy. Word is spreading and our appointment books no longer look like a family reunion invite list. That's how you know you are headed in the right direction.
I'll chat more tomorrow. I've got to get to a book I'm reading about how to be awesome. It's called the Bible.
Yes! You're back.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. Love to you all.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you back Josh. Praying that the waves become smaller and less frequent for you and yours
ReplyDeleteGood to have you back in any format that you chose. What a special event that took place to run for a cause and to unite with others who love and remember Ava.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Hunter Vision is getting busy. God will draw people to a place that glorifies Him and that has a staff who exemplifies Jesus.
Still praying for you and your family. May God bless you and keep you.
Glad you're back! I still need to get to Hunter Vision one of these days. Oh to not have glasses... :-) Still praying for you all. Take care!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!! Oh, how I wish I would have known about the 5k and could have come to support you guys :) I bet it was an awesome experience. You're always a source of encouragement - regardless of the format.
ReplyDeleteI had the pleasure of running the 5K last weekend. I read your blog during Ava's battle and while I prayed, I wanted to do more. Last Saturday was my chance to fulfill that desire. I keep you and your family in my prayers daily.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! Still praying for you guys. I'm glad Hunter Vision is going well! I'm referring people constantly. It was great to see you guys last weekend. Keep up the good work!!
ReplyDeleteIt was a pleasure to walk last Saturday in a sea of Ava purple, Josh. I felt her presence as I strolled along the lake, especially in the glorious day that God provided us for the day.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you back on the blog :)I 'graduated' from Hunter Vision on Tuesday, so I'll see y'all in a year, but you and the family remain in my prayers!
Hi Josh,
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear from you! Happy to read about the 5k too, Ava is still touching peoples lives. She sure touched mine, as a matter of fact your whole family has. It's always a pleasure to read your blogs. I'm glad you, Lisa and Noah are doing well and Hunter Vision is taking off so well. Thanks for updating.
So glad you are back writing! Regardless of the format it's always a devotional to us. You just have that gift in your writing. We are always praying for you all. The race was awesome last weekend. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. As I was approaching the finish line, the praise song I had playing on my i pod sounded like a choir of angels, and I just knew Ava was one of them singing. It was beautiful. It was great seeing you, Lisa, and Noah. All our love, all the time.
ReplyDeleteKim and Matt